Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've been a busy girl

I started 2 new knitting projects and spent today sewing little project bags! First the knitting - I'm participating in a knit-a-long hosted by Sheri over at the Loopy Ewe. It's for the Jared Flood pattern Girasole. I'm knitting the blanket size using Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Natural. I've finished Charts A & B and am halfway through Chart C.

Here's a photo!


The next new project - well... it's a SEKRIT. But I have a pretty placeholder photo from outside my house.


Now - onto the sewn bags! I have a stash of fabric that I was telling you about when I was making those pretty aprons a couple of weeks ago. I've seen some really cute project bags that friends have brought into the knitting groups I go to and I've seen some other cute ones on blogs I've read. So, I decided to take up my stash and make some cute bags and I will be selling a few too - cause I haven't found a job yet and I've got to work with what I have (make that stash WORK baby WORK!).

All of the bags I made today are roughly 8.5 inches tall and 5x5 across the bottom and are completely reversible. They have 2 handles - and the longer one tucks through the short handle. The bags will hold a cake of sock yarn with room to spare!


If any of you are interested in purchasing one of these bags - please let me know :)


Kim said...

Ooo, ooo, ME! I love the little green one with the blue ladybugs. So cute! Great flower photo, too.

Daniele said...

Your Girasole is coming out great!

And loving the bags!!